1. Self-powered Integrated Microfluidic Blood Analysis System
2. A human hair
3. Microscale Physics
1. False: Ultrasound does not emit ionic radiation, which is one of its greatest advantages.
3. SOund Navigation and Ranging
1. Victor Yang, fiber optics
2. Puncturing the arterial wall
3. Doppler Optical Coherence Tomography
2. Sylvain Martel, Director of the Nanorobotics Laboratory at Polytechnique Montreal
3. 50 micrometers in diameter, biodegradable polymer
1. Tear ducts/surface of the eye
2. $170 billion
3. The main concern involves getting consistently accurate readings.
1. Rat Conscious Animal PET
2. Studying the molecular processes that occur in the brain.
3. The correlation of dopamine levels to behavior (the rat's movement within it's chambers).
1. Guoan Zheng
2. 50 cents
3. CMOS (Complementary Metal-Oxide Semiconductor)
1. Radi Kaiuf, shot by sniper's bullet.
3. MRSA (Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus), health care settings.
1. Dr. Chris Nguan
2. Less recovery time required, smaller incisions, more precise, less pain and discomfort.
3. The study was used to determine the impact of surgical robot acquisition on the rate of surgery on prostate cancer. It found that it does increase surgical volume.
1. University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center and University of Texas at Dallas
2. Multifocal Plane Microscopy and Nanodot Labeling
3. Current Microscopy Technology uses single plane imaging whereas the new Multifocal uses multiple planes simultaneously.